This morning I called the RE’s office at 8am like a crazy person to remind them to call me with my 5 day biopsy numbers. Who does that?!
The nurse called me back an hour or so later and told me that 6 embryos made it to day 5 …and day 6. Interesting. They biopsied 4 embryos yesterday (day 5) and two more procrastinators today.
SIX! Of course I’m greedy and would have liked all 8 but SIX IS AWESOME!
After the call I got to thinking… about the number six.
Here are some facts that make the number 6 as awesome as it is.
- It’s an even number and we all know those are better than odds.
- In chemistry: 6 is the atomic number of carbon, the basis for all life.
- In Biology: Insects have 6 legs.
- In Sports: The Red Sox have retired the number 6, for Johnny Pesky.
- In Arts: The number of sides on a cube, hence the highest number on a standard die.
- In Culture: 6 is a lucky number in Chinese culture.
- In Technology: On most phones, the 6 key is associated with the letters M, N, and O. One of the words spelt with these letters is “MOM.”
- Extra-sensory perception is sometimes called the “sixth sense.” I’m sensing this is good news.
- Lastly: “The number 6 is the “Mother” number and is essentially a working, building number. It symbolizes responsibility and service, which needs to be achieved through love, nurturing and protection. taken from http://numerology-thenumbersandtheirmeanings.blogspot.com
Today happens to be the 5 year reunion of my father’s passing and we knew he would send us a good number. 🙂 Here are a couple pictures of one of the greatest Dad’s ever. I’m pretty sure my husband will be just as great as he was.