My New Year’s resolution is to start blogging again…so here’s what’s been going on…
So much has happened since I last posted. First of all, becoming a mommy has rocked my world to the core…in an amazing way. Here’s the thing…no matter how prepared you are you are never prepared. I have LOVED every second of being a mom but let’s be honest, I have never cried harder, laughed louder or enjoyed life more.
Here is Charlie’s 1st year recap.
- Wears newborn and 0-3 month clothes and size N diapers.
- She had a horrible bout of baby acne and it is finally cleared up just before two months. We tried everything to get rid of it (coconut oil, breastmilk, Aquaphor) and we learned that it just takes time. She still is such a cutie pie!
- She’s SUPER hard to burp and constantly has the hiccups! They don’t bother her though!
- Nickname is currently CC because it’s just so cute.
- Wears 0-3 month and 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.
- She loves her Wubbanub (Bernard the bear and and is getting better at keeping it in on her own. We try not to use it a lot, mostly for naps and in the evenings for bed.
- Big news is that she started daycare on September 1st and although it was SUPER hard for mama she seemed to do okay.
- We sit her on our lap and hold her chin to burp her, it’s the method that works the best.
- She eats 1t 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12am, 3am. Dada does the nighttime bottle around 11:45 so I can go to bed after her 9:30 bottle. LIFESAVER.
- Nickname has changed to Charlie Bear…adorbs.
- Wears 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.
- We moved her from her bassinet into her crib. It was a rough transition for about a week but she eventually got it. She looks so teeny tiny in the crib.
- Wears 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
- She opens her mouth when you go in for a kiss! Nothing better than an open mouth baby kiss.
- Charlie is a side sleeper. We lay her down on her back, she rolls to her side and pretty much stays like that all night long.
5 months (November)
- Was able to sit up by herself on November 29th!
- Charlie is drooling like a dog and gnawing on her hands like crazy.
- She likes to pick her feet up and slam them down. This causes her to turn 180 on her back during nighttime sleep! We lay her down one way and by the morning her feet are where her head was! It’s hilarious.
6 Months (December)
- Started solids! Her first solid was avocado and she seemed to like it! I gave her solids as a snack around 5 pm when we got home from daycare.
- Went swimming for the first time on December 31st. She was so relaxed and almost fell asleep in the float.
- She rolled over for the first time on Sunday, December 6th while watching her big cousin Ava do it.
- Christmas was so much fun. She loved playing with the tissue and wrapping paper.
7 Months (January)
- Now in size 3 diapers.
- Charlie enjoyed her first New Years Eve getting Hibachi!
- Loves watching football with Daddy.
8 Months (February)
- Took her 1st airplane ride to Disney World!
- Rode her first ride, the Carousel.
- Didn’t really want to eat any solids while traveling which made mama crazy! She would eat oatmeal and take some formula. Had apple sliced for the first time and LOVED THEM!
- She loved watching everything.
9 Months (March)
- Started crawling on March 15th!
- Is now a belly sleeper! I love seeing her little tushy up in the air at night.
- Took her first subway ride.
- Has been having a hard time sleeping through the night. She has come into our bed a few times a week at 3:30/4 am. This only last a few weeks but it was tough.
10 Months (April)
- This is how I find her every morning. 🙂
- She is down to four bottles a day – 1 at 7am, 1 at 11:30, 1 at 3pm and one at 630 before bed.
11 Months (May)
- Had to get nighttime diapers because Charlie was waking up with a wet belly.
- OBSESSED with Sesame Street but mostly the song at the end. Will sit and rock her body in the most adorable way.
- Loves being outside and going on the swings.
1 Year (June)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!
- We had her 1st Brithday party in Carle Shurz Park. Nina from Brownstone came to play guitar and we had all of her friends and teachers from her daycare class. Neena and bob drove all the way down from Boston!
- Charlie naps once a day, sometimes for 2.5 hrs sometimes for 1.5.
Being parents is everything we hoped and dreamed it would be. Charlotte is a blessing in so many ways and makes everyday so much better.